Saturday, December 1, 2012

December Daily - Day 1

And here we go.... December has started here in Australia as it is currently the evening of Saturday the 1st of December!! And so that begins the offical start of my December Daily / JYC album, which I have been patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) waiting for since the start of November.

Since we don't get prompts here until later in the evening I decided to do my own daily wrap up from Day 1. I'm still not exactly sure how I am going to combine the two concepts, I guess I will have to see what happens as the month evolves.

So on to Day 1....


This is the completed page for December 1st. I am hoping to keep going with the full page spread on one side and a divided page on the other side. I say hoping, as I think we all know how busy December can get and I'm not sure if I will be able to complete this much every day.


On the right side I let the star and confetti show through from the previous page and then added the Hello December card which I created (inspired by Ali Edwards' use of the word Hello in her journalling), a journalling block and a photo from the Motorbike Toy Charity run that I drove past today. My journalling is pretty straight forward (I'm not a great writer, as you can probably tell), so it's just an outline of the events of today.


For the layout page I used some photos from a craft market at Red Hill that I went to today, including a picture of the first gift I have bought, a gorgeous hat for my nephew! I am faily minimalist with my embellishments, so just a few little features and I was finished!


After the market I decided to make a quick stop at the beach nearby. I had seen this 'Tis the Season' photo idea online and wanted to give it a try myself to represent Christmas in Australia. I decided to include it in my intro page and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!


So that is Day 1! I am hoping that I can keep it up! Good luck to everyone else who is embarking on this project and if you haven't had it yet, enjoy your first day of December!

12 comments:

  1. What a great start to you December Daily album!! I like the full page and divided page idea. I look forward to watching how you progress as the month goes along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those first pages look great - I love especially this beach photo! Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing. Love! Can't wait to follow along with you this month!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the see through ness! I need to incorporate more of that into my DD I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work!
    Love the Beach photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, I love how much detail you included!! And I love the confetti pocket :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great first pages. Love the confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great start. Love the beach photo, might have to lift that idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your work and your style! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Love all the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your pages so far! I especially like the divided page protectors.

    ReplyDelete